Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I can't believe the summer is over....



















How is it possible that September is nearing an end? Although I am so excited to have cooler weather and that it's almost time for Halloween decorations, I feel almost cheated that the last 3 weeks have passed so quickly! Here's a quick recap:

First and foremost I have to document that Britt actually brought me home flowers, roses to be exact. Avery received one and I got the rest. They were beautiful! This doesn't happen very often so I will give praise when it is deserved....Thank you Britt!


Avery started Preschool this month! She gets to go with cousin Nathan and they have the most wonderful teacher! I will admit I wasn't a real believer in the whole preschool thing but with her being an only child I am eager for her to have any interaction with other kids. It is pretty strange to have free time on my hands. The other day I sat at home feeling guilty for just sitting there and I found myself counting the minutes till I could go pick her up. Don't worry this is not normal....Candy and I realized that we have almost 2 1/2 hours of wonderful free time together where we can actually venture into stores undisturbed or that our kids won't disturb like the craft store. We have so much fun together. I just adore my sister. I feel so spoiled to be close to her!

Speaking of Candy, we have started our crazy creations for Halloween. We are working on a Halloween advent calendar made from felt. It's almost done! Avery, Nathan and I made scary black trees from hacked down limbs from my back yard, to hang fun little scary ornaments on. Many more things are planned so stay tuned!

I went to the most fascinating class on organization done by a lady in our ward. Her name is Mary Ann Wilcox and all I can say is that she's my new hero! I was absolutely amazed at how organized she was with her home, from an alphabetized pantry and food storage to self made wooden dividers in each drawer to get the maximum space. Did you know you can fit a whole years food storage under your bed if you put it up on risers? All I can say is amazing! I told Candy about her and she said "I can't believe this lady doesn't do this professionally and have a book!" So at church the following Sunday I told Sister Wilcox what she said and she simply replied "I did do it professionally, and I do have a book!" It was too funny! Now if I can only get things in order here! I did finally get Avery's bed spread made....it only took me 3 trips to the fabric store and 7 months to do it but it's done! I put the guest bed up on risers and stuffed what little food storage I have there. I got the garage, shop and shed cleaned out and semi organized. I have 2 words for you....peg board. I love it! So until next time.......:)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Nicky, don't leave us disorganized and hanging! What's the name of the book so we can go buy it?!