Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sweet Child O' Mine....



















Yes, I am quoting a Guns N' Roses song, one of my favorites from youth. Avery my sweet child is growing up so fast. Britt got mad at me a few weeks ago for letting Avery wear sandals to church, (it was 50 degrees out) not knowing that she has out grown all her Sunday shoes. Not to worry, he gave me his blessing to go shopping and what girl doesn't like to shop for shoes?







To add to her growing independence, Avery decided she wanted to be Velma for Halloween. Yes, that's right, Velma from Scooby Doo. She has been obsessed watching Scooby Doo in the morning before Preschool and she just loves Velma. So Avery decided that to be Velma for Halloween meant she had to cut her own hair to look like Velma. So luckily it was just a big chunk off the side, which she swiftly hid down the furnace vent in her room. Mommy was in tears and had to cut 5 1/2 inches off to repair the damage. I know you don't notice in the pictures, but it was the perfect length for a braid!!!! And now of all things she has changed her mind once again regarding costumes and wants to be Sarafina, her prized stuffed kitty cat.....


When I was home visiting earlier this summer I stumbled upon a box of old forgotten stuffed animals. Inside were the 2 Snoopy puppies we received for Christmas one year over in Korea at a church party. These two toys were the most highly favored in our youth. I stuffed them in a walmart bag and brought them home and later presented them to Avery and Nathan. It was love at first site! Beloved Sarafina and "Puppy" were quickly forgotten. Although Sarafina has now been included with "Charly", Nathan has recycled Puppy, giving him to his younger brother Andrew, as Snoopy takes center stage to his heart. They have been taken everywhere now and I have to admit it is quite a sweet feeling to see your own child love your childhood toy as much as we did. Here is also a picture of Avery and Nathan busy making poo poo pie. Notice the adorable plumber butt. Never thought a plumber butt would be cute did ya? The other day as they were making another poo poo pie is just wasn't gooey or muddy enough.....so Nathan....the boy that he is.....decided to pee in it to make it muddier. It worked. Now they are not allowed to make poo poo pie......unless we turn our backs....:)






























I had to laugh the other day since I should probably rename this site to the Cornaby/Palfreyman families website, since Candy's and my family seem to be one and the same here.:) We sure do enjoy our time together as shown here with the kids making our Spooky Halloween Houses! We couldn't resist the yummy black frosting that made us look like we were in serious need of a dentist!














































Avery has officially gone on her first "field trip" with Preschool last week that Candy and I got to help as chauffeurs. They headed to our local Albertson's grocery store where they were given many treats, frosted their own cup cakes, petted the lobster and got to ring up their own cookies. It was pretty fun for all there!


























Britt's parents, Barney and Linda came to visit for a couple of days! We always enjoy having family come to visit! We relaxed and watched conference, went up to Sun Valley for a day and ate too many treats! Their visit ended much to quickly for us! I was also most appreciative of Barney and Linda making an effort to stop by and see Mom and Dad. They are always so thoughtful in this way. We love you guys!

No comments: