So Avery and I decided to brave the fair by ourselves for the first time. I thought as I warned her of all the walking involved that she would poop out very quickly and last maybe an hour or two....little did I know the euphoric inducement it creates as soon as the Ferris wheel comes into view. Two hours turned into 5 and then I had to drag her away so we could make an appointment to show the BMW which we are trying to sell. We went on a few rides and then headed over to the barns where there were cows, horses, ponies, pigs, goats, sheep, llamas, alpacas, chickens, roosters, pigeons, bunnies, chicks mid hatching, guinea pigs, ducks, geese and whatever else I forgot... We actually made 2 trips to the barn to see them all again. My ridiculous dream of us all living on a family compound, an acre dividing each of us with a common acre of garden and more for raising alpacas was revived. Those suckers are cute!



This week I was able to go to my first Homemaking Enrichment night since moving here. I was so impressed with the level of organization and attendance our ward has. It just seems every time I go to church I am reminded of how my prayers were answered to be in a great ward and to associate with great people! I then attended another class on home organization and I have added a new hero to my ever growing list. Sister Wilcox is amazing and brilliant. My mind is now boggled with all the ideas to get my house in order and to do my food storage. Last night we went to the Elder's quorum party and feasted on delicious grilled fajitas that were to die for! We barely made it though after my list of Honey-do's which I the Honey mostly did. Britt helped me to finally get my peg board up in the garage. Then I crawled under the house to rewire my Internet dsl so I could move my desk. After drilling a few holes in the walls, a run to the store for extra cable and parts, I finally got it fished through the wall and it works. I have inhaled enough insulation to make me quite wheezy today. Life is good and busy and that is great!




1 comment:
Hi Nicky,
This is your cousin Joe Mitchell. I found your blog through the Clement Kin website. Hope it is ok that I comment on here. Caren (my girlfriend) and I spent four days at the North Idaho fair this past weekend. It was a blast. I'm a big fan of rodeos and I also enjoyed the demolition derby. The animals were fun to look at as well. I'm glad that you and your daughter had such a good time. A few of my siblings and I have blogs as well. Things get a little wild on there sometimes, but if you are interested in keeping in touch, you are welcome to visit them and comment on them as well. Mine is at:
www.ilikegraveyards.com
Don't worry, just a family history thing. From there you can go to my sisters' (Laurie and Sara) blogs as well as my sister-in-law's blog (Heidi, Gary's wife). We would love to hear from you on there and if you are ok with it, I would be happy to let them know about your blog as well. Hope you and your family are doing well. It was great to see you earlier this year. Hope to hear from you.
Post a Comment