Thursday, July 16, 2009

A little stimulant....

A few weeks ago I had to be up and ready for church early to attend our Activities Committee meeting, which you'd think with church at 1pm wouldn't be a big deal. Needless to say I was actually on time to church that day and even had an extra hour to sit out in the back yard, read my book and try to get a little sun on my scary white legs that defy wearing nylons in the heat of summer.

Fluffy my sweet 12 year old kitty is drawn out during moments like these of solitude, where there is no threat of a screaming kid chasing her to pet her fluffy fur. She knows she has me all to herself and it is a beautiful day to sun herself. After ample petting she crawled back into her pile of catnip leaves that grow abundantly under our bedroom window. She just sits and basks in the warmth of the day and the essence of catnip. It was at that moment that I was so grateful, yes as silly as it sounds, I was grateful. Why? I am glad that since I've had a home of my own that there has always been a little spot to grow some catnip for my kitties. They have loved it and I have loved that they love it. Anyway it was a good feeling.
Yesterday Avery and I decided to do something fun and creative together so after collecting some lovely rocks from my parent's neighboring fields...we washed them, dried them and started to paint. Avery loved doing this but didn't like how long it took to dry and was more content giving me orders on what to paint next.... She loves sharks so there is a tribute to a very fat and full shark. She wanted a bloody foot dangling over the fully stuffed Great white shark. That I didn't indulge.
4th of July came and went. My parents officially had their street christened with our little pathetic show. I was blown away as we waited for our turn in the firecracker line (20 minutes!) for our $13 haul, and watched people blow over $100 on that crap. Yes, you may think I'm not patriotic, which isn't the case. I just prefer to watch other people's money go up in smoke instead of my own.:) Avery loved every minute of it except when there was a pause between the show in the sky.
Yes, you are mesmerized, we were too..........

Avery was busy with a couple of little class/camps this summer. First up was swim lessons out in Eagle with her cousin Nathan. I felt like she actually walked away with some swimming skills this time.


One, Two, Three.....

Avery with her best buddy cousin Nathan!
Then she had her little Miss Homemaker's class with her great Pre-school teacher Janis Atwood. I seriously couldn't stop smiling when I picked her up each day. They made cinnamon rolls and lip gloss, bread and pizza, birdhouses and painted vases, and it was all these girls up to age 14. I just think Janis is great and this class will become a tradition for Avery for many summers from now on.
Finally she had a little dance camp from a older girl from our ward. It was pretty cute. Avery is always dancing and twirling around, so we thought she'd love this. She really dragged her feet on this one though. I think she liked it okay but on the last day when they were going to do a "dance recital" for us parents she informed me she had Dance fright, which of course Mom is like stage fright! She frowned and held her hands up in an X the whole time to let us know she was not happy about dancing in front of anyone. AAAAAHHHHHH, glad it's done.

We also had a great visit from Britt's sister and her family! We love spending time with Autumn, Allen, Olivia, Charlotte and Grady. We didn't even really leave the house but we had a blast! I have come to the conclusion that Britt has a man crush on Allen and vice versa. They are like two little boys when they get together and are oblivious to anyone or anything than their own funny conversations. It's actually pretty funny to watch. We enjoy their family so much! Avery loves having her cousins come and visit! I get excited to absorb whatever I can from Autumn and her amazing creativity. Maybe some day it will rub off on me.:)

Here's Charlotte, Olivia, Avery & Grady!

Olivia dominates the trapeze, plus she's the only one tall enough to get on it herself!

Grady with his new collection of rollie pollie bugs that live in abundance in my garden.The kiddo's were so good together, chillin' watching a movie.

Charlotte winning points with me with a lovely drawing that said I love Aunt Nicole!Tuesday I laid down with Avery for a nap and stayed there for a while resting my ridiculous knees which have seen their fair share of damage lately. I wish I had of picture of the smile on her face when she woke up and saw me still there next to her. It was priceless to me. Some days, more often now than not, I wish I could just hang out in bed snuggling with her, painting our nails. I have an amazing and very loving daughter. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed her much more than she needed me when He sent her to me.

No comments: