Avery had to dress up for her Pre School Halloween party and then on Halloween day we headed over to Candy's ward Trunk-or-Treat, then to her neighbor's spook house which Avery really did not like, and finally with her ridiculous flip flops replaced by practical tennis shoes her and I ventured through our neighborhood begging for treats.
Here are some pictures of Avery the China Girl, Nathan aka Bob the Builder, Zachary the Storm Trooper and Andrew the Puppy.
What a cute bunch!
Saturday Avery turned the big #4! She demanded a Halloween bash which she got and we had a blast getting ready for it! She and I made her lovely graveyard cake....doesn't it look enticing? With purple insides, green coconut frosting, gummy severed limbs, eyeballs and tongue (which Candy couldn't stomach eating...) it was so much fun! She had her little primary class (all 3 of them) and her best buddy cousins come over to play with home made play dough, make fun masks, drink witch's brew, and be mummies. Our little girl is growing up so fast!!! We ended the
day watching Avery's birth video which was the perfect ending to the day! We are so blessed and happy to have this little girl in our lives! We love you Avery!:)
Last week I headed up to Mom and Dad's to enjoy a fun week with my parents and convinced Chris to join me too. Chris and I visited the dermatologist's office and I believe the esthetian was at a loss of words when I asked her what I needed done..... So the skin regimen began and my face peels off about twice a day and I'm bright red like I've been sun burnt....but my skin is really soft. Next plan is to start our body for life program again. Britt signed up for his work's contest of the biggest loser. The winner at the end collects all the money for entry fees. Lucky for him he only needs to lose about 15 pounds to win since everyone else who joined is puny. Even so it's a good excuse to get back in shape.:)
I always talk Mom and Dad into crazy projects when I go home and this time we tackled the debacle of a counter top by the stove that was supposed to be fixed when the stove was replaced. I officially killed Dad's prized sander he has had my entire life, 90% killed my dremel and wasted a couple of days sanding and coating everything in the kitchen with dust. I probably should have left it alone, but at least I learned how hard oak is.
Mom and I also sewed Avery's costume. I will never believe another pattern when it says easy on the front. They are all liars!
So now the holidays are almost upon us. We are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and hope to see some of you here! Friends and Family are always welcome! Hopefully I'll keep this site more current! We love you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment