Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where did the month go?


I can hardly believe more than a month has gone by since I was last on here. Avery seems to be growing up so fast, literally inches every month! She is obsessed with jumping on the bed and has become quite the artist. She started a new habit at Grandma and Grandpa's of displaying her "artwork" on every door available. I am constantly looking for cool pictures for her to color on the computer. Her last request was for ones with sharks. When I thought she was satisfied with the 6 I printed out she wanted more and said "How about a picture of a shark eating a man?" I calmly said I don't think they have those....."How about one with lots of blood?" I guess this is what I get for indulging her with Discovery channel's Shark Week.....

The month was filled with a wonderful trip home to Mom and Dad's where we played hand and foot every single night till midnight most nights, gorged on Mom's homemade blueberry pie, a first attempt at tiling in the bathroom and wonderful conversations and memory sharing with Mom. It was one of the best trips home I've ever had. There is always a peaceful calming feeling in Mom and Dad's home and it is rejuvenating to my spirit. When I am there I feel and know that I am loved unconditionally. I love them for that!
As soon as I got home Britt was whisked off to St. Louis for Airport Management training for a couple of days. On one of the days I treated myself to the most delicious day of freedom that I've had in almost 4 years! I got the baby sitter for the day and went out and went shopping, ate at my favorite little fresh Mex place and got my hair done. All I can say is that I need to be more selfish more often!:)

Next we headed down to Wendover Nevada to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. Yes, many of you ask why Wendover? Because there is nobody there and it's quiet and there's a big pool and good food! Avery was more excited than Britt and I were and was on her best behavior. I got to indulge this time in a wonderful pedicure! AAAAAHHHHHHH! The week ended all too quickly as we rushed back for Britt to go on a scout hike/campout as the ward's varsity scout leader. He returned filthy, tired and with bruised feet. He said it was the most physically difficult hike he had ever been on and the most rewarding. Whether it was fact or fiction we'll never know.....maybe it was his age that made it sound like the 2 miles uphill and barefooted walk to school every day....

Dad popped in for a pleasant surprise visit coming through on business! This is certainly a sweet result of living here. I will gladly be a hotel for anyone coming through! We drove through more neighborhoods searching for the perfect place for them to retire. Hopefully sooner than later!

Candy and I got the kids together for our super summer project of making special treasure boxes. I only have a picture of Avery's for now but will update soon! They had so much fun painting and bedazzling them! It was a hoot!
Speaking of painting....I finally finished all of my touch-up's with the house painting. It's not perfect but it's done and it is the most wonderfully fulfilling feeling in the world! Now we start the Halloween projects and Avery will begin preschool with Nathan. Should be fun!

No comments: