I'm not even going to apologize anymore for not cataloging
this crazy life anymore.
I'm living it and that'll have to do.
Random thoughts and quotes:
While watching Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood
Avery was quite disturbed about them renewing their vows in the backyard.
"But Mom, it won't be for real if they aren't sealed in the temple!"
We did a family fast the day before my Dad had his back surgery
and when I asked Avery what she wanted for breakfast she said....
"No Mom, I'm not hungry, I want to fast for Grandpa."
"Mom, can we go over and hang out at Grandma and Grandpa's house?"
"Why Avery?"
"Because I feel so good there, I feel the spirit and I feel happy."
Avery at her Primary talent show
Grandma & Grandpa on Grandparent day.
Gracie the squirrel in now an indoor outdoor squirrel. Exiting first thing in the morning and then climbing the screen door to be let in at night. The cage was officially moved outside, now if she'll just take her little poopies with her I'll be a happy gal. I still love that she will climb into the top of my shirt sometimes and take a nap. I love watching her lick the rain off of leaves to get a drink. I love that she comes when I call her.
It's a wonder I ever get any work done, this is Gracie's favorite perch....
Simply put, we all love Gracie.
I'm also glad Avery hasn't noticed the 2 missing Polly Pockets
who met their demise from Gracie chewing them to bits.....
And I'm praying that I'll actually get a picture with her where I have my hair done and have on make up.
a rear end that is determined to become more cushy,
an inability to quit drinking Dr. Pepper. I'm a much nicer person when I drink it and since I'd like to keep my family and friends around I'll simply have to indulge.
I love being the Activity Day Teacher. I love working with those girls.
We did a Mother's Day brunch that was a huge success,
mostly because my Dad came and took every one's pictures.
I love that Avery loves her cousins and that she'll cry for days after they leave,
madly drawing pictures of them as if they'll appear up out of them
to come play with her again.
I love that when Autumn and Allen come to visit that there's no agenda.
We cook, we eat, we relax and that's about it.
The kids play so well together
I love that when Autumn and Allen come to visit that there's no agenda.
We cook, we eat, we relax and that's about it.
The kids play so well together
and so do their parents.:)
I'm glad Britt is done with Lacrosse Season.
I've been a widow since January because of the sport
and it's weird having him around the house.
I've discovered that the sound of Lacrosse games on TV now
sounds like nails on a chalk board to me.
He did a really good job teaching his boys
and their parents were really happy and impressed.
They even gave me a "thank you" gift certificate for a pedicure!
Pretty nice? Or maybe they saw my feet in flip flops at the games.....
I love blogging with my sister Candace.
Mostly because it gives us an excuse to talk to each other several times a day.
We had to do a homemade photo shoot for our blog
with the most dreadful results.
I think we laughed non stop for 2 1/2 hours,
like loud loud cackling, uncontrollable cackling,
as we tried to cut and paste a decent shot of each of us together,
hoping nobody would notice how odd we looked,
the way my hair is so out of focus around the edges with bronze tips as it morphs into Candy's forehead....
I am most grateful to have my parents close by.
Grateful that I can finally help them in little ways since my Dad has been laid up,
to somehow give back all that they have given to me.
I think I have relied on them as parents far more as an adult
than I ever did as a child.
So that's it.....see ya in another 6 months!:)
I love blogging with my sister Candace.
Mostly because it gives us an excuse to talk to each other several times a day.
We had to do a homemade photo shoot for our blog
with the most dreadful results.
I think we laughed non stop for 2 1/2 hours,
like loud loud cackling, uncontrollable cackling,
as we tried to cut and paste a decent shot of each of us together,
hoping nobody would notice how odd we looked,
the way my hair is so out of focus around the edges with bronze tips as it morphs into Candy's forehead....
I am most grateful to have my parents close by.
Grateful that I can finally help them in little ways since my Dad has been laid up,
to somehow give back all that they have given to me.
I think I have relied on them as parents far more as an adult
than I ever did as a child.
So that's it.....see ya in another 6 months!:)





1 comment:
Nicole-I love it when you post. I love reading about you and yours. Avery is getting so big and is such a spitting image of both you and Brit it's crazy! I too love your blog with Candace. You guys are geniuses.
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope all went well and his recovery is quick. Please tell both your parents hello. I have such fond memories of being at your house growing up, and I too noticed what a wonderful spirit was always there.
Love ya, Chicka!!
Post a Comment