I finally got my own work space that will help keep all the dang dust out of my house, well that is until I walk into it....:) I also started working on my blog for my little business http://sweetpickledesignscompany.blogspot.com I have been so busy and been making some fun things! So you can check out my silly happenings there!
We moved everything out of the shed into the garage and all my crap in the garage into the shed. This was originally supposed to be a wood working shed which is why I was so drawn to this little house in the first place. It has lights, electricity and is insulated with 2 windows even! I should have done this a long time ago but then again I didn't think or know this would turn into a full time gig.
Not so funny is the little note she made that she hangs every once in a while....
She tricked me by having me spell out Allowed on a piece of paper. Ha Ha.Another hilarious moment was while I was threatening with keeping her bedroom clean....she is obsessed with a certain little bat from Littlest Pet Shops that I of course have been hanging over her head for motivation for a while now. She is now an artist who expresses her feelings through her art. This is one of the pictures, the first one was much more detailed but I can't find it....and yes she made lots of duplicates to make sure her point was made.....
Angry Mom=Sad Avery=Broken Heart/Hurt Feelings=No Bat:(
I couldn't help but laugh!:)
Since I'm showing off her artwork, here's one of her latest that I just loved! She's getting good! Avery is obsessed with Halloween and everything about Halloween since it's her birthday time of year! It also doesn't hurt that I love Halloween too! I just got a kick out of these mummies....

One of my favorite photos of Avery! She had the poofiest pony tail this morning and was so smiley, I love happy mornings!
Avery had a pajama and pillow party at preschool to learn about the letter "P" that week! Wow getting to wear jammies to school is fun!
Ouch!!!!
A friend of mine saw this picture and said it was the crustiest look he'd ever seen! Thank goodness it only lasted about a minute....
A few minutes later in the car and Avery was begging to call anyone and everyone to tell them about her new earrings!
I have to admit I was scared to call my Mom and Dad. They didn't let me get my ears pierced till I was 12 and even then when my Mom brought me home from getting them done at the JCPenny's salon, my Dad said in his scary general authority voice "If God wanted holes in your ears He would have put them there himself." My Dad's disappointment in me has always been a very effective force in my life. So when I got my second holes, I snuck and hid them with my hair for several months until he noticed while we were visiting my brother Cam in the MTC. Thank goodness for the crowd of people around us, so all I got was a "look". Again a visit home a few years ago after President Hinckley told us to have only one set of holes, my Dad reminded me of this and I haven't worn a second set of earrings ever since. Thanks Dad for your disappointment in me, it has motivated me more than you could know. That all sounds weird right?;)
On Conference Saturday and in with my total guilty complex of feeling like I've been neglecting my daughter, I gave into her constant begging to get her ears pierced. These pictures turned out so hilarious!
I'm trying not to be scared.....
Easter was "hare" and gone before I knew it! Avery and I made some yummy sugar cookies for our neighborhood egg hunt, I frosted and Avery sprinkled. We make a great team!
Thank goodness for pretty dresses from Costco! This was a lemon cream with pink flowers embroidered on it. I love pretty dresses!
Well I was so excited for Spring Break to come, we were headed to Utah for a lacrosse tournament and so excited to visit Grandma Mattie and Autumn and Allen. And then....my pretty washer....not even 3 years old.....died. Could life get any crappier? My computer crashed on a Thursday, the Washer died on Friday and the furnace was on a the fritz and I would lay awake at night listening to it, waiting for it to blow us up in our sleep...... So my Dad knowing I wouldn't call a repairman, did it for me and my heart was broken....completely, I was on the ground weeping, contemplating all the crappy luck we've had this last year. Seriously, could my life get any worse? I'm totally serious about being on the floor crying. I was pathetic and I know it.
Well my wonderful hubby stepped up to the plate and went and picked out the ugliest most institutional looking thing he could find but that worked great. Only problem is our limited space in this place didn't allow me to stack them anymore and I was now in desperate need of shelves. Once again my Dad to the rescue. I called on my trip to Utah and sent Britt on his own while I stayed home and built shelves with my Dad. It was so much fun though and revitalized my soul! Not only did we put in new shelves and got it painted but we put down new linoleum (a great find from dumpster diving at my parents construction site this summer!) It fit perfect and looks so much better! Now I have so much more room! I am so grateful to my Dad. He helped me in more ways than he knows!
Here she is doing her meditating....where she got this I have no idea!
Avery and I on the see saw. Avery and Zach had a blast with me making them fly through the air. This was one time I was glad for a big bum for my nephews amusement.

Nathan, Zach and Avery posing on their bikes!
The kids all piled into the back of the car.
Avery and I just chillin one afternoon. There's a reason I don't take many pictures of myself, I'm shocked at how haggard I look anymore.
Avery lost her second tooth. To this she now says, "my mouth is a bank Mom! I just have to pull out teeth and it gives me money!" In my world....I wish!
I finally got to use my stroller again, this time with Andrew. He was so funny here. We wrapped Avery's scarf around him to keep him warm and he just didn't know what to do with it.
Britt trying to yank it out to no avail. Only a grumpy kid.
Avery finally got it out on her own while watching TV.
So there ya go. 2 months recapped. Britt is finishing up with his boys Lacrosse team and doing great! They have their playoffs this next weekend and it has been a great experience for Britt. I'm no longer working in the shop at Paper Cottage except to teach classes which is a total blessing. I am so glad to be able to work from home. I am so thankful for the great ladies I have been able to work with and met through this crazy hobby of mine. I feel like I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and I am glad for that. Avery is growing like crazy. I can't believe she is almost in Kindergarten. Seeing her teeth come out, holes in her ears....it makes my maternal instinct kick in like crazy. How did I get so lucky to have her? Of course I wondered this through her barf-o-rama Sunday night all over my bed, my carpet and floors, and while I did the pukey laundry into the wee hours of the night. I was just grateful at the end of it that she was okay, I'm okay, we're all okay. And it's okay to be okay.




1 comment:
Nicki,
Your Avery is so cute!!! All her funny saying make me laugh. I'm so happy you have her. Your new hobby is amazing. Your lettering is so cute. I want to order some. I'll get on your blog to see what you have right now.
Post a Comment