Friday, June 29, 2007

Alrighty then....

June 26, 2007
Bare with me as I learn how to navigate this blog site! Where to start? How do I sum up the last 6 months? Dealing with the devastating experience of trying to move, Britt living with his saintly Aunt Jana and Uncle Cal and Avery and I living with Mom and Dad for 2 months (Avery and Grandma were joined at the hip!)....everything finally fell into place and through miraculous events we actually got into our desired home here in Boise, Idaho. I have never felt like anything was "home" until we came here. We love it! Even after all the torment we went through to get here we have been so blessed and had things fall into place. Here's a few recent pictures... The trees remind us we are far from Tooele, Avery is obsessed with pinecones and rollie pollie bugs and a glimpse of the back yard. A few before pictures...the only safe way to let Avery help painting....and if I see any more blue gray anything I'm gonna hurt someone!:)

This house, this neighborhood, ....were everything we wanted, prayed and hoped for. We've certainly had our work cut out for us. The first night I arrived in Boise and we closed on the house, we hauled in the mattress, the tv of course and started ripping up the floors. We managed to get some really great deals and replaced all the flooring and the painting began. It seemed like I was in a dreamland, having Candy show up on my doorstep unexpected with milk and food in hand. A relief society president who called and brought by dinner, an elder's quorum and Bryan's brother-in-law Michael coming to help us unload the truck, ward members, with cookies in hand offering the other for anything we might need. What a shocking difference from Tooele. Aunt Jana came to help me paint while Candy watched Avery. After a couple of weeks I was so sick of workmen in my house and I finally felt like it was mine.
Now that summer is here we have enjoyed the beautiful yard. Somehow I manage to get myself into crazy projects and I am offically pooped. So if you're wondering why you haven't heard from us here's a few reasons why....obviously the above mentioned was crazy, also I stripped and repainted the cabinets, put up beadboard and new molding in Avery's room, 8" molding in the bathroom, built new garden boxes, rebarked and added many new plants and drip lines to the garden beds and then being the crazy woman I am painted the exterior of the house with Dad's help. By the time I was done with that I worked myself into a wicked cold putting me out for 2 weeks. I still haven't finished my touch ups! And all at the same time Candy and I have been busy building all sorts of projects and crafts!
I never realized how much I would enjoy living close to family! Even after several months it all seems too good to be true. I feel so spoiled!
Britt's Mom, Linda, has been visiting for the last 2 weeks. We have enjoyed her visit so much! Avery loves her Nana! Although I'm convinced I bored her to tears we had so much fun! We watched lots of movies, made yummy cookies and ice cream and Linda did the most beautiful oil painting for us to hang proudly in our home! Next visit I want lessons!:)














We drove up to McCall for a day and it was so beautiful! We passed a field full of sheep we just had to stop and see! Avery loves her lamby's and here Britt and her are trying to coax one out for a closer look. The only thing they coaxed out was plenty of poop all over their shoes despite my cries to stay away from the "little black rocks"!
Avery and her second cousin Jaycee who lives in Caldwell met and hit it off immediately! We are so glad to live close to both sides of the family! Avery has had such a blast playing with her cousins! Nathan and Zachary have given her a real education in garbage trucks and constructions trucks.
Our saddest experience since moving is the loss of our sweet kitty Kitten Breathe. The move was really hard on her. She has been showing signs of being an old Grandma Kitty for a long time. Our home is so empty without her. We miss her so much!
Our other kitties are doing great though! They love being out in the yard and with the little squirrels that live in our trees they are kept on their toes. Morris has become a robin murderer though. We feel like the wonderpets....there's a baby robin, we have to help him, this is serious!! 2 robins and a little squirrel have already met their demises due to his treacherous hands.:( Morris finally got "fixed" and has lived long enough to reach his first birthday and Fluffy still loves to hide under our bed!

I've been able to head home to Selah a couple of times and Mom, Dad and Chris have come a couple times this way too! Here's a few pictures from recent visits:


I am amazed at how fast my little girl is growing up! She is wearing her big girl underpants now and is so insulted if you refer to as anything baby. Her dress up phase has begun and I hope it will quickly end... She is so beautiful, funny and a real drama queen, always hamming it up! Oh how I love her. Britt is working hard or should I say hardly working!:) He has now been put in as the varsity scout leader and went on his first camp out. He has made a great friend here in our ward that lives down the street and they go golfing once a week. As for me, I am so tired. The last 12 months have honestly been the most difficult of my entire life. I can say that with a complete surety. All I know is that my family is the most important thing I have. I would be devastated if I lost any of you or if I was not involved in your lives. This life is too short to waste worrying about our differences or indifferences. I often think about the night of Chris's pinewood derby victory. I cannot remember a time I felt more strongly that my family was invincible. The sweet Spirit confirmed this and each time I pray I am reminded again of this truth. We have been blessed with so much but especially with eachother. I love all of you!

1 comment:

Linda Cornaby said...

Nicole:

As usual I am blown away by your creativity and commitment to doing goo. This blog is just a small measure of that talent. I just get tired when I read how much you have accomplished in the past six months....painting, gardening, redecorating, handywomen, carpenter, nurse to sick animals, chef, teacher, mother extrordinare, wife, sister, daughter and friend. You are truely blessed with an abundance of talents. I love your blog! Keep up the great work.

Love
Mom Cornaby